Update – construction has encountered some delays. Occupancy is currently anticipated for Fall 2023.
All applications will be reviewed at one time in early summer 2023. At this time, we are requesting some basic information so that we can contact you when we are ready to receive full applications. If you are interested in being added to the application list, please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
- The new apartment building will be a non-smoking building.
- The building will include 20 one-bedroom apartments and 8 two-bedroom apartments
- One-bedroom apartment sizes will range from approximately 557 sq.ft to 575 sq.ft.
- Two-bedroom apartments are approximately 828 sq.ft.
- Two-bedroom apartments include a dishwasher (included) and in-suite laundry rough-in for stacked washer/dryer (appliances not included)
- Parking is available at an extra cost
- There are a limited number of storage lockers available at an extra cost
- Tenants will be responsible to pay their own utilities
- A shared laundry room will be located on the lower level
- The building will include a common room for tenants
- Grand River Transit stop #3829 on King St. (by the Mill) on bus route #21 is estimated as a 4 minute walk
MennoHomes uses The Region of Waterloo’s qualification criteria. Please note that this is not a Rent Geared to Income project. To learn more, you can view the Guide to Apply for Community Housing here: GUIDE. It contains important information about applying through The Region of Waterloo, as well as the household income limits that MennoHomes uses. The 2022 income limits can be found HERE.
Final apartment rentals have not yet been determined. Please note that utilities, parking, and storage lockers are not included in the following estimates:
- $447 – One-bedroom apartments – tenants from the Region of Waterloo’s Community Waiting List
- $809 – One-bedroom apartments – general applications
- $1,350 to $1,450 – Two-bedroom apartments – general applications